Decision making, Facilitation & Group Organization
- Decision making: difference between consensus, consent, advice, and mandate by The Hum
- Consensus decision making by Seeds for Change
- Consensus flow chart by Seeds for Change
- Facilitating meetings by Seeds for Change
- Tools for facilitating meetings by Seeds for Change
- Giving and receiving feedback by Seeds for Change
All the tools in the list are free software and can be deployed on an own instance, or are usable via public instances.
- Big Blue Button webinar software. (For creating real learning experiences, there is also Moodle and openEDX.)
- Jitsi video conferencing, over WebRTC, supports small group discussions. Public instances.
- Etherpad collaborative note taking. Public instances
- Mattermost organizational social network, chat, file sharing, voice, video, screen sharing. Similar to Slack or Microsoft Teams.
- Kanboard free software, web server based Kanban board. Can be interfaced with mattermost
- Gitlab Gitlab is a web front end for the decentralized version control system for source code Git. Can be used to version control text files of any kind (like code, or any other text file).
Organizational Handbooks and experience
- A Caring Organization feelings, magic & gendered work: processes & structures of a collaborative workplace
- Handbook of Loomio cooperative funds for well-being, cooperative budgets etc.
- A Feminist Organization's Handbook (has some interesting concepts)
- What is privilege? A comic by Toby Morris
- A Guide to Derailing Conversations. Ironical, sometimes cynical guide to show how privilege is used in conversations to dismiss or trivialize the other's perspective and experience. Used to exert sexism, racism, classism and many other -isms and -phobias.
- Missing stair is a metaphor for working around toxic people, even though their behavior is dangerous, and constitutes a serious structural fault in a system, such as a missing stair.
- No boss does not mean no leadership
- How to grow distributed leadership
- Who's afraid of leadership? by Cooperantics
- Sharing power in our communities, talk at FOSDEM 2017 by Stéphanie Ouillon
- Full circle leadership. About the diversity of leadership profiles
- Christina Maslach explains burnout
- Burnout is not your fault
- Demystifying burnout in tech
- Saying no doesn't make you an arse article by Domenica de Grandis
- Capacitar Emergency Kit, a kit of simple basic practices for immediate use to help people deal with challenging situations, such as natural disasters, violence or chronic stress.
- Staying with our feelings by Meg-John Barker
- Hell Yeah Self Care by Meg-John Barker
- Self care for activists by Tenderrebellions
- Self compassion - guided meditations
- Building ethical software under capitalism, talk at FOSDEM 2020 by Deb Nicholson
- Ethical web development Handbook
- Entreprecariat by Silvio Lorusso
- Ratgeber für alle die auf ihr Honorar warten der FAU Berlin (Freie Arbeiterinnen und Arbeiter Union)