Decision making, Facilitation & Group Organization
- Decision making: difference between consensus, consent, advice, and mandate by The Hum
- Consensus decision making by Seeds for Change
- Consensus flow chart by Seeds for Change
- Facilitating meetings by Seeds for Change
- Tools for facilitating meetings by Seeds for Change
- Giving and receiving feedback by Seeds for Change
All the tools in the list are free software and can be deployed on an own instance, or are usable via public instances.
- Big Blue Button web conferencing system for online learning. Supports big number of participants, collaborative note taking, PDF presentations, white board, break out rooms, screen share, webcam share, session recording. To be used with Greenlight webinterface.
- Jitsi video conferencing, over WebRTC, supports small group discussions. Public instances. It's advisable to use an instance in a place close to where the participants connect from.
- Etherpad collaborative note taking. Public instances
- NextCloud store documents and files, share files privately or publicly. Has plugins for video conferencing, shared calendars, encrypted web mail, Kanban task boards.
- Mattermost organizational social network, chat, file sharing, voice, video, screen sharing. Similar to Slack or Microsoft Teams.
- Loomio Collaborative decision making. Loomio can be deployed on a server and can be integrated with NextCloud. It can also be used at the coop's website for a fee.
- Gitlab Gitlab is a web front end for the decentralized version control system for source code Git. Can be used to version control text files of any kind (like code, or any other text file), can be integrated with todo lists, issue tracking, kanban boards. Non trivial to learn.
- Making work visible by Domenica de Grandis. She also published a very good book under the same name.
- Strike Through productivity system
- All about Kanban
Organizational Handbooks and experience
- A Caring Organization feelings, magic & gendered work: processes & structures of a collaborative workplace
- Handbook of Loomio cooperative funds for well-being, cooperative budgets etc.
- A Feminist Organization's Handbook (has some interesting concepts)
- A Guide to Derailing Conversations. Ironical, sometimes cynical guide to show how privilege is used in conversations to dismiss or trivialize the other's perspective and experience. Used to exert sexism, racism, classism and many other -isms and -phobias.
- No boss does not mean no leadership
- How to grow distributed leadership
- Who's afraid of leadership? by Cooperantics
- Sharing power in our communities, talk at FOSDEM 2017 by Stéphanie Ouillon
- Full circle leadership. About the diversity of leadership profiles
- The Hum consulting for self-organizing teams
- Christina Maslach explains burnout
- Burnout is not your fault
- Demystifying burnout in tech
- Saying no doesn't make you an arse article by Domenica de Grandis
- Capacitar Emergency Kit, a kit of simple basic practices for immediate use to help people deal with challenging situations, such as natural disasters, violence or chronic stress.
- Staying with our feelings by Meg-John Barker
- Hell Yeah Self Care by Meg-John Barker
- Self care for activists by Tenderrebellions
- Self compassion - guided meditations
- Building ethical software under capitalism, talk at FOSDEM 2020 by Deb Nicholson
- Ethical web development Handbook
- Entreprecariat by Silvio Lorusso
- Ratgeber für alle die auf ihr Honorar warten der FAU Berlin (Freie Arbeiterinnen und Arbeiter Union)