This is a list of useful resources for well-being at and with work.
Own Resources, Talks, Workshops
- Angry womxn*, a workshop about anger I gave at the feminist assembly of rC3 2020
- Doing things together, a talk I gave with Enrico Zini about cooperation (in free software structures) at DebConf 2020
- Kahler's Drivers questionnaire / Antreiber Test - English and German [ODT format (Libre)Office]
- You're okay - slides + exercises of a talk about nonviolent communication I gave in October 2018 at the Eclectic Tech Carnival in Bologna.
Emotions, Conversation, Negotiation
- Saying no doesn't make you an arse article by Domenica de Grandis
- Emotions at Work and How They Help Us Succeed, talk by Mollie West Duffy about her book with Liz Fosslien No Hard Feelings
- Difficult Conversations: How to Discuss What Matters Most, summary of the book by Douglas Stone, Bruce M. Patton, and Sheila Heen
- Getting to Yes, book with the worst title ever, describes useful proposals for negotiating agreements
- Ego states, Games people play & Drama triangle, Gimmicks Great video series about basic Transactional Analysis (TA) concepts
- Cognitive bias cheat sheet
- Capacitar Emergency Kit, a kit of simple basic practices for immediate use to help people deal with challenging situations, such as natural disasters, violence or chronic stress.
- Hell Yeah Self Care by Meg-John Barker
- Staying with our feelings by Meg-John Barker
- Self care for activists by Tenderrebellions
- Self compassion - guided meditations
- Greater Good Berkeley: Science based Practices for a meaningful life
Consent, relationships, trauma
- Consent checklist by Meg-John Barker
- Gaslighting and consent by Meg-John Barker
- Trust in relationships Bish UK
- Trauma and the body basics by Meg-John Barker
- Christina Maslach explains burnout
- Burnout is not your fault
- Demystifying burnout in tech
- Qualities that keep you stuck in a sick system
- Decolonizing Nonviolent communication by meenadchi
- Working with conflict in our groups
- Extinction Rebellion's (UK) processes to work with conflict transformatively
- Organizational conflict (definition)
- Conflict avoidance (definition)
- Consider the maintainer talk by Nadia Eghbal, 2017
- Making work visible by Domenica de Grandis.
- Don't Read This Book. Time management for creative people by Donald Roos.
- Strike Through productivity system
Decision making, Facilitation, Feedback, Group Organization
- Accountability, Equity, and Flat Teams in Tech by Annalee. Interesting thoughts about flat teams, conflicts, and.. it all sounds sooo familiar.
- Difference between consensus, consent, advice, and mandate by The Hum
- Self-organizing system by Extinction Rebellion UK.
- Consensus decision making by Seeds for Change
- Consensus flow chart by Seeds for Change
- Facilitating meetings by Seeds for Change
- Tools for facilitating meetings by Seeds for Change
- Giving and receiving feedback by Seeds for Change
- Feedback retrospectives Retrospectives are a dedicated time to come together and collaboratively improve your team’s process.
- Beyond Blame by Dave Zwieback. From doing postmortems to the Learning Review.
Privilege, Power, Rank, Leadership
- What is privilege? A comic by Toby Morris
- Autocritique de la revue de code (bienveillante) par Kim Lai Trinh (in French)
- A Guide to Derailing Conversations. sarcastic guide to show how privilege is used in conversations to dismiss or trivialize the other's perspective and experience. Used to exert sexism, racism, classism and many other -isms and -phobias.
- Missing stair is a metaphor for working around toxic people, even though their behavior is dangerous, and constitutes a serious structural fault in a system, such as a missing stair.
- Sharing power in our communities, talk at FOSDEM 2017 by Stéphanie Ouillon
- No more rock stars, by Valerie Aurora, Mary Gardiner, and Leigh Honeywell
- Building ethical software under capitalism, talk at FOSDEM 2020 by Deb Nicholson
- Ethical web development Handbook
- Charter for sustainable design
Let's talk about money
- Hourly rate calculator
- Faire Honorare für Grafikdesigner, Illustratoren, Übersetzer, Fotografen u.a.
- Ratgeber für alle die auf ihr Honorar warten der FAU Berlin (Freie Arbeiterinnen und Arbeiter Union)
- Chicago Manual of Style
- The punctuation guide
- Information leaked by your webbrowser
- Maintain Wordpress installations using the command line
- Download or generate web fonts