Jump to topic
→ Emotions, Conversation, Negotiation
→ Organizing work
→ Decision making, Facilitation & Group Organization
→ Privilege, Power, Rank, Leadership
→ Money, Funding
→ Artsy things
Emotions, Conversation, Negotiation
- Saying no doesn't make you an arse article by Domenica de Grandis
- Emotions at Work and How They Help Us Succeed, talk by Mollie West Duffy about her book with Liz Fosslien No Hard Feelings
- Difficult Conversations: How to Discuss What Matters Most, summary of the book by Douglas Stone, Bruce M. Patton, and Sheila Heen
- Getting to Yes, book with the worst title ever, describes useful proposals for negotiating agreements
- Ego states, Games people play & Drama triangle, Gimmicks Great video series about basic Transactional Analysis (TA) concepts
- Kahler's Drivers questionnaire / Antreiber Test - English and German [ODT format (Libre)Office]
- Doing things together, a talk I gave with Enrico Zini about cooperation (in free software structures) at DebConf 2020
- Cognitive bias cheat sheet
- Capacitar Emergency Kit, a kit of simple basic practices for immediate use to help people deal with challenging situations, such as natural disasters, violence or chronic stress.
- Hell Yeah Self Care by Meg-John Barker
- Staying with our feelings by Meg-John Barker
- Self care for activists by Tenderrebellions
- Self compassion - guided meditations
- Greater Good Berkeley: Science based Practices for a meaningful life
- Christina Maslach explains burnout
- Burnout is not your fault
- Demystifying burnout in tech
- Qualities that keep you stuck in a sick system
- Nonviolent Communication - slides + exercises of a talk I gave in October 2018 at the Eclectic Tech Carnival in Bologna.
- Decolonizing Nonviolent communication by meenadchi
- Working with conflict in our groups
- Organizational conflict (definition)
- Conflict avoidance (definition)
- Making work visible by Domenica de Grandis.
- Don't Read This Book. Time management for creative people by Donald Roos.
- Strike Through productivity system
Decision making, Facilitation, Feedback, Group Organization
- Difference between consensus, consent, advice, and mandate by The Hum
- Consensus decision making by Seeds for Change
- Consensus flow chart by Seeds for Change
- Facilitating meetings by Seeds for Change
- Tools for facilitating meetings by Seeds for Change
- Giving and receiving feedback by Seeds for Change
- Feedback retrospectives Retrospectives are a dedicated time to come together and collaboratively improve your team’s process.
- Beyond Blame by Dave Zwieback. From doing postmortems to the Learning Review.
Privilege, Power, Rank, Leadership
- What is privilege? A comic by Toby Morris
- A Guide to Derailing Conversations. sarcastic guide to show how privilege is used in conversations to dismiss or trivialize the other's perspective and experience. Used to exert sexism, racism, classism and many other -isms and -phobias.
- Missing stair is a metaphor for working around toxic people, even though their behavior is dangerous, and constitutes a serious structural fault in a system, such as a missing stair.
- Sharing power in our communities, talk at FOSDEM 2017 by Stéphanie Ouillon
- No more rock stars, by Valerie Aurora, Mary Gardiner, and Leigh Honeywell
- Building ethical software under capitalism, talk at FOSDEM 2020 by Deb Nicholson
- Ethical web development Handbook
- Ratgeber für alle die auf ihr Honorar warten der FAU Berlin (Freie Arbeiterinnen und Arbeiter Union)
- Prototype Fund, funding program of Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) Germany. Individuals or small teams (freelance coders, hackers, UX designers etc.), test ideas, develop open source applications, Civic Tech, Data Literacy, IT Security and Software Infrastructure. German taxpayers only.
- MamaCash supports women, girls, trans people and intersex people who fight for their rights. Activists who tirelessly and fearlessly make their voices heard. Who criticise oppressive or restrictive norms and practices, and lobby for fair laws. Who demand their political and economic rights, and insist on bodily autonomy.
- Chicago Manual of Style
- The punctuation guide
- Information leaked by your webbrowser
- Maintain Wordpress installations using the command line
- Download or generate web fonts